Whether you are responsible for caring for a favorite uncle or aunt, your own parents, or someone else, choosing the right option for the senior in your life can be very difficult. We understand how this can wear on you, affecting many of your own relationships.
At Avalon Home Care, we don’t take a one-size-fits-all approach to caring for seniors. You and your family chose a level of care to meet your unique situation. Call us today for a no-cost assessment.
We’re here to provide the non-medical services you need. After all, doesn’t your loved one deserve a little help after all he or she has given to everyone else over the years? Our Home Helper Services allow seniors to live in their treasured homes, keep familiar routines, keep a sense of self-sufficiency, and socialize with friends.
Assistance with Personal Tasks:
- Aid with morning wake-up
- Help selecting daily clothing
- Help with walking
- Assist with evening rituals and tuck-in
- Transferring and Positioning
- Bathing and Toileting
- Providing medication reminders
- Provide respite care
- Monitor diet and eating
- Clip coupons and prepare grocery lists for shopping
- Recording and arranging recipes
- Check food expirations
- Arranging appointments
- Providing appointment reminders
- Light housekeeping
- Make beds/change linen
- Take out garbage
- Help with laundry
- Organizing and cleaning
- Supervise home maintenance
- Organize mail
- Assist with writing letters
- Mail bills and letters
- Answer the door for visitors and home deliveries
- Maintain houseplants
Other miscellaneous things they may need help with, such as:
- Help with errands
- Drop off/pick up prescriptions
- Drop off/pick up dry cleaning
- Helping with Pet Care
- Escort to grocery or other shopping center
- Take them to appointments/events
- Attend plays and concerts
- Escort them to church
- Attend club meetings and sporting events
- Visiting friends and neighbors
- Monitoring TV watching
A live-in caregiver may be the most economical way to ensure a safe and nurturing home environment. This service is at a substantial discount over an hourly rate, and is a flexible and convenient way to provide you with peace of mind.
Live-in caregivers don’t really move into the home, but do provide continuous, uninterrupted home care by staying for shifts ranging from 2 to 5 days. The they switch off with another caregiver assigned to the same client for truly, round the clock care.
Avalon Home Care – providing the care and comforts of home, with helping hands built in.
Free In-Home Caresultation
Part of Your Community
Avalon Home Care is a California Corporation based in Carlsbad, and we serve all of San Diego County.
We are happy to accept Visa, Master Card, Discover & American Express
(credit card fees apply).