Let our compassionate caregivers help your loved ones have days filled with contentment and satisfaction. Simple pleasures such as a walk in the park, ride in the car, or being taken to social activities can greatly benefit them. Our staff has been trained in all areas of communication challenges that Alzheimer’s and Dementia patients face; even non-verbal communication strategies. Client and caregiver grow a stronger bond, and help your loved one keep their sense of dignity, even as their condition worsens over time. This helps seniors honor who they were earlier in life, remain safe and calm at home, and supports your family.
Our caring and experienced staff provide individual attention, 24-hours a day, in areas such as:
Assistance with Personal Tasks:
- Aid with morning wake-up
- Bathing and Toileting
- Help selecting daily clothing
- Help with walking
- Transferring and Positioning
- Assist with evening rituals and tuck-in
- Arranging appointments
- Providing medication reminders
- Provide respite care
- Recording and arranging recipes
- Monitor diet and eating
- Clip coupons and prepare grocery lists for shopping
- Check food expirations
- Providing appointment reminders
- Make beds/change linen
- Light housekeeping
- Help with laundry
- Take out garbage
- Supervise home maintenance
- Organizing and cleaning
- Maintain houseplants
- Organize mail
- Assist with writing letters
- Mail bills and letters
- Answer the door for visitors and home deliveries
and other miscellaneous things requiring help, such as:
- Help with errands
- Drop off/pick up prescriptions
- Drop off/pick up dry cleaning
- Monitoring TV watching
- Escort to grocery or other shopping center
- Take them to appointments/events
- Attend plays and concerts
- Escort them to church
- Helping with Pet Care
- Attend club meetings and sporting events
- Visiting friends and neighbors
A live-in caregiver may be the most economical way to ensure a safe and nurturing environment while letting them stay home. This service is at a substantial discount over an hourly rate, and is a flexible and convenient way to provide you with peace of mind.
Live-in caregivers don’t really move into the home, but do provide continuous, uninterrupted home care by staying for shifts ranging from 2 to 5 days. The they switch off with another caregiver assigned to the same client for truly, round the clock care.
Avalon Home Care – providing the care and comforts of home, with helping hands built in.
Free In-Home Caresultation
Part of Your Community
Avalon Home Care is a California Corporation based in Carlsbad, and we serve all of San Diego County.
We are happy to accept Visa, Master Card, Discover & American Express
(credit card fees apply).