Many families feel overwhelming fear or sadness hearing the word “hospice”. Our supplemental care goes hand in hand with Medicare or your Hospice company’s visits, and we can offer additional help to those receiving care from a Hospice provider. We provide emotional support, help bathing, dressing, providing meals, companionship, medication reminders and safety monitoring over your loved ones last few months of life.
Some ways we can support them are:
- Hourly, overnight and live-in care when 24-hour support is needed
- Companionship and conversation
- Reminiscing about the past
- Discussing current events
- Playing cards and games
- Reading (aided or not)
- Participating in crafts if they are able; such as maintaining a family scrapbook
- Organizing mail/paying bills
Our trained, bonded and screened caregivers know how to provide emotional or spiritual support as appropriate. Many of them develop a bond of friendship with their clients and provide an ear to listen, and hand to hold.
Free In-Home Caresultation
Part of Your Community
Avalon Home Care is a California Corporation based in Carlsbad, and we serve all of San Diego County.
We are happy to accept Visa, Master Card, Discover & American Express
(credit card fees apply).